Shorter valve inner tubes are ideal for wheels with rim depths of 24mm or 30mm but are not ideal for wheels with rim depths of 40mm or above (as the shorter valve would not extend out of the rim valve hole).
Presta valve tubes are most commonly used for road wheels (700c) and on a few MTB wheels as the valves are thin, whereas Schrader valves are more commonly found on MTB wheels as the valve is larger and won’t fit through 700c rim valve holes.
Please note: if you are running a 25c Tyre you can use either the 20 – 25 Race 28 or the 25 – 32 race 28 options. The larger volume tube will give you the option to increase your tyre size at a later date and will run with less stress than the smaller size in a 25c tyre.
Inner Tube Weights:
- Dunlop 40mm valve / 700 x 32-47 Tour 28: (182021) 200g
- Dunlop 40mm valve / 27 x 1 1/8 – 28×1 3/8×1 5/8 Tour 28: 200g
- Presta 42mm valve / 700×18-25c Race 28: 105g
- Presta 42mm valve / 700×25-32c Race 28: 125g
- Presta 42mm valve / 700 x 28-37c Tour 28: 155g
- Presta 42mm valve / 700 x 32-47c Tour 28: 200g
- Presta 42mm valve / 700 x 32-47c Cross 28: 155g
- Presta 40mm valve / 700 x 28-37c Tour 28: 155g
- Presta 40mm valve / 700 x 32-47c Tour 28: 200g
Please note: these tubes now come with 40 or 42mm fully threaded valves for both schrader and presta types not 60mm as shown in image.