We’ve seen the future, and it’s 1x pure and simple. That’s proven by the growing interest in road bikes with wide ratio, 12 and 13 speed drivetrains and single chainrings.
Our single-mindedness gives us greater focus. And resulted in the R+1, a road bike with breathtaking per- formance, efficiency and comfort. Available in an Alto 880g frameset for wireless shifting and a Strato 1100g frameset with cable ports, the R+1takes some beating – whether pumping along the flat or powering up a Col.
Stiffer. Simpler. Better
1x is no fad. It’s the logical next step for road bikes. Lose the second chainring and you gain a beautiful symmetry. Nothing is offset, with a perfectly balanced downtube, bottom bracket and chainstay contributing to 30% greater lateral stiffness. Tube shapes are designed to maximise aero efficiency, and with less cabling (especially in the Alto version) streamlining is optimal and clutter minimal.
Seatstays and chainstays
Comfortably better performance
By replacing the double chain ring with a single, the chain stays complement the symmetrical design. And deliver far more bang for your buck. The unique seat stays profile is more aero and boosts rider comfort for lung busting climbs as well as handling confidence for those long, head down descents.
Tradition says no. Science says otherwise
Purists tell you 1x can’t provide the gears to climb effectively or to go fast. Vielo says rubbish. Top brands like SRAM, Shimano and Campagnolo have put their money where their mouth is with single drivetrains that compete with 2x. What’s more, the simplicity of a 1x drivetrain means less mechanical mishaps.
Bars with cable-ability
Vital statistics: Carbon fibre 385g, 6° flair, 80mm drop. Plain English: Excellent performance and comfort by being rigid in the right places and compliant where needed. With seamless internal cabling and CNC alloy stem section for stiffness and safety, these are the perfect fit for the R+1 frameset.
From skinny up to 32mm
Optimum performance? Look no further than the 30-32mm tyres accommodated by the R+1. Proven to offer less rolling resistance and rider fatigue and, when combined with the unique features of the R+1 frame, offering greater aero advantages. The perfect pairing.
- FRAMEFull Carbon Fibre 880g raw (all internal hose routing)
- FORKFull Carbon Fibre (internal hose routing)
- COLOUR Mustard Yellow / Anthracite
- HANDLEBAR Vielo Carbon Bar -Stem unit. Bar width 40cm, 42cm, 44cm
- STEMVielo Carbon Bar -Stem unit. Stem length 90, 100, 110, 120mm
- HEADSET Vielo by Token with CNC machined alloy stack spacers
- FORK EXPANDER Vielo CNC machined for internal brake hose
- AXLES Vielo A2T alloy thru axle with QR. 142×12 rear / 100×12 front
- MECH HANGER Vielo CNC machined for A2T thru axle
- SMALL PARTS Incl bottle cage bolts, anti rattle foam
- BB Token Ninja Evo
- SEAT POST Vielo Carbon Kam tail shape
- CHAINRING Vielo Alloy Chainring